Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Everybody keeps asking me if I feel sad to be in South America during Mother's Day, with a look of pity or concern on their faces like I'm going to break down and cry at any moment. I can survive without my mother or family. This isn't to say that I'm a cruel and heartless person, I do miss her of course. The two years I spent in Venezuela as a missionary prepared me for this. It is official Church policy that missionaries are to never see their families for the duration of the mission and are to call on only two occasions- Mother's Day and Christmas. This may seem harsh but it is actually designed to keep one's mind focused on the task at hand and not call crying home to mommy every few days. I will call my mother today, and now that I'm not a missionary I won't have a time limit. She has been a wonderful mother, raising six children (all boys) through some very tough times. I only wish I could do more for her besides a phone call.

As I hate blogs with a large amount of emo content let's move on. My computer situation has been partially resolved, at least the most important part. Due to the miracle that is reinstalling the operating system my laptop is back up and running and faster than before. My HP laptop, I love her so much. Yes, she is a girl. She told me so. What?...

Anyways, while that situation is resolved my wireless situation has gone from bad to worse. The wireless router is now completely useless. Not only can I not connect to the wireless from .5 feet away, it is no longer possible to connect a computer directly to it and use the modem. It's a worthless piece of crap now. I will try and return it tomorrow, but knowing Ecuador, this will be no easy task.

1 comment:

Dayngr said...

Glad to hear the computer problem is partly resolved. I'll keep my fingers crossed the rest will be taken care of without too much effort.

Wow! You were a missionary. Cool and impressive.