Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Pray For Me

Computers are not my friend at the moment, I am not even sure I can publish this entry but I am typing it anyways, it has been too long since the last time I posted. My first troubles with computers and their newfangled devices started with the wireless router I just bought for 100 dollars. Electronics are expensive in Ecuador because they do not make any, it is all imported. This router is supposed to have an indoor signal strength that reaches up to 100 meters. All I need is 20 because I would like to use my laptop in my room where it is nice and quiet. It did not seem like too much to ask for but the router thinks I am a selfish jerk. We are currently locked in an epic battle that has lasted for days. The farthest I can get a good signal with this 100 dollar box of plastic frustration is about ten feet. Seriously. Make that five feet if a wall is in the way.

If this were all, I would consider myself fortunate and electronics my good friends. However, something very, very bad has happened to my laptop. This is unfortunate because my laptop is my life. Countless hours have been spent downloading movies, anime, and other random files to this beautiful machine. I cannot survive the harsh conditions here in Ecuador without it!

While I consider myself a fairly computer-savy person this is beyond my experience. I have spent hours trying to fix it and I seem to be making the problem actually worse. This started out as a corrupt profile message and the / in my c drive files (i.e. C:/Program Files/Crap) being replaced with some weird antena symbol that I have never seen before. Now I am unable to log onto my computer at all. This is due to the very applications that are supposed to help fix my computer, made by my new enemy Microsoft. Screw you, System Restore.

1 comment:

Dayngr said...

I pray the computer gods will be kind to you.