Monday, June 4, 2007

Zula is Cold: Part II

I read my last post again and came to a sad conclusion; I am a wimp. It wasn't always like this, there was a time where I braved the Chicagoan elements of wind and cold as well as any native, even though I was actually born in Utah. Better, even. I only wore short sleeves and never owned a sweater. Perhaps this was due more to my fashion sense, which really is whatever is easy and cheap to wear, but the fact still stands that in sub-zero weather I would wear T-shirts.

What seems to have happened is my body attempted to make the adjustment from Chicago weather to the warmer climate of Hell. It was a valiant effort, and a failed one. If I really had acclimatized to the heat I would no longer constantly look like I just got out of a steamy shower. My hypothesis is that my bodies's thermostat is broken, it is stuck somewhere between Ecuadorian Heat and Chicago Cold. This is really the worst of both worlds. I am a wanderer with no land to call his own, a Don Quixote who boils in his own armor by day and shivers uncontrollably by night.



My sad state aside, here is a mini hot air balloon we let fly in Zula. It was launched to commemorate a sweet old ladies's 90th birthday, and appease some saint, I can't remember the name. You can hear me coughing my lungs out in the background due to the smoke. The smoke must have messed with my brain as well because I can't even pronounce the word Humo correctly. I'm such a freaking gringo sometimes.

3 comments:

Kaia said...

you made me laugh. thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Anthony, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday - I left you a comment on MySpace but don't know if you check that anymore down there. I hope you got to do something fun!

GringoDownSouth said...

I went to see Pirates of the Carribean, the subtitles are really annoying. I check both Myspace and my blog regularly so comment where you want!