Friday, July 27, 2007

Last Zula

Warning: More gruesome pictures of food preparation in Zula are in this post. Really gruesome. If you are a farmer this post will not affect you at all and you may find it boring. But I'm from the suburbs, dangit, and this is all new to me.

So, I've dredged the bottom of my photo collection from Zula and found a whole slew of pictures I had not posted yet. They all involve the preparation of the pig, the main feast. That pig was tasty. Too bad I was sick and couldn't really enjoy it.

It's Babe! Or Wilbur! Either way it's a tasty meal. He is smiling in this picture, blissfully unaware of his fate. It makes me feel a little pang of guilt that I'll be eating fried Pumba in a couple of hours.



Poor pig, he died for a good cause. This is the first time I've ever really seen how they clean an animal. The thing that impressed me the most is that pigs are ALL stomach, I swear half their body weight is intestines.


No comments: