Monday, April 23, 2007

My Grandfather is Nuts

This morning he woke me up with the usual Ecuadorian music. Very happy stuff, some lady singing excitedly with a lot of trumpets. Not appropriate for a morning wake up call in my opinion. When I commented on the music he began another one of his monologues, this time about how everyone should be healthy and how his compadre Don Miguel (he is the owner of the mammoth concrete building in which I stay) needs to lose weight.

Apparently, my grandfather thought he could help Don Miguel to lose weight by instructing him to listen to this happy Ecuadorian music and dance. Keep in mind that my grandfather is 79 years old and his compadre just 2 years younger. My grandfather demonstrated his last point by dancing in a jerky, vigorous fashion swinging arms and legs everywhere. Being semi-lucid and tired, this was freaking hilarious to me and I could hardly keep from laughing.

No comments: